Our Cookies Policy
We are working towards complying with Accessibility Priority 3 (AAA) of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. We are continually making improvements to meet these guidelines, and our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind.
For an automated evaluation of the accessibility of a web page, you can use the WAVE accessibility tool. Currently, WAVE cannot tell you if your web content is accessible, no automated tool can. Only a human can determine accessibility.
• Our pages are designed so that they can be viewed at a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels and higher.
• Page structure is conveyed using header elements.
• A stylesheet is used on our website and relative font sizes on all text with the exception of graphical text.
• Text can be increased or decreased in size by using the “view” option in your browser.
• Images that convey important information have alternative text. Where an image is used for a decorative purpose the alternative text will be left blank.
• Media Web media such as Adobe Flash, Video and Music, are not essential elements to the functionality of our site. For the best browsing experience it is recommended to install the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
• Colour No information is exclusively conveyed using colour. All text appears in high contrast colours for easy readability.
Downloading pdfs documents
To read PDF documents with a screen reader please link to the Access Adobe website which provides useful tools and resources. Adobe also has a free online conversion tool for pdfs
Our website is specifically designed to be viewed on the most popular web browsers including:
• Internet Explorer 9
• Internet Explorer 8
• Internet Explorer 7
• Internet Explorer 6
• Firefox 10
• Google Chrome
• Safari 5
• Opera 11
If you have any issues viewing our site using these browsers, please contact us.
•To learn more about web accessibility visit the RNIB Web Access Centre
Our website has been designed and built to function easily with web screen readers. We are currently recommending the use of ‘Browsealoud’. For more information about Browseaload, how to use it, or how to install it please visit the Browsealoud support pages.
Other screen readers are also available
•To obtain a copy of the screen reader JAWS click here
Get in touch
If you have difficulty accessing the site or have any comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to get in touch.